Monday, September 18, 2006

Not enough

I had a girlfriend..
that used to love me
with all of her heart

she had a vision
of our future
that was beautiful
and had wedding bells
and children playing
and dinner parties

but she had a vision of her present
dancing and singing
and there was a fog

that fog hid me
hid me in the background
sitting in a lonely table
nervously thwrilling a napkin
wondering where she was?
When was she going to come back?
Was she happier out there?

Apparently so.
the somber realization set in

she still loves me
a different kind of love now
without children
without a sense of belonging

Her ring was too tight
and my ring slid off my hand

but i picked it up
she helped me
we awkardly grasped it together
and put a necklace through it
and placed it around my neck,
closer to my heart

No comments:

LEOP

We are moving away From bespoke custom tailored creations To a model that is mass manufactured A company that provides services and infrastr...